Sunday, January 16, 2011

Fugazi - Instrument DVD

I just re-watched this film after buying the DVD to replace my videotape copy. The film was originally released in 1998.

Fugazi were (and are) my favourite punk band and I managed to see them live 3 times. I own most of their recorded output (probably all of it) as well as a lot of the output of bands connected to them. I still listen to them most months.

The film is a bit dated now. It reminds me of me in 1995. I'm now 33 years old and punk rock is not as important to me as it once was. Sadly enough, as a 33 year old neurologist, punk is still of some importance to me.

The exciting live shows are still exciting but the macho assholes in the audience just bore me. I'm not too keen on the idea of mosh-pits now. I'd rather just watch a band and dance a bit.

Fugazi as an active unit may be gone forever and this film is a nice memoir of a time passed. I'd love to hear some more music from Fugazi or the members of the band. It would be great to see them play again but I don't think it will happen.

No comments: