Wednesday, January 05, 2011

Little Children - DVD review

I picked up Little Children after reading a few positive reviews in 'best movies you won't have seen' lists. I was also interested as Little Children is based on a novel by the author behind the 1999 movie Election. It also features a few cast members from the Watchmen film.

The story is about two parents who stay at home to look after their pre-school children in an American suburb. They are both bored with their lives. In the background there is the hidden threat of a convicted paedophile who has just been released from prison and has moved back to the neighbourhood.

The film is OK, entertaining enough and fairly arty. It was nominated for a few Oscars. While the film is good I'm not sure that it's great. Kate Winslet gives a decent performance in the film with a passable American accent (at least to my Scottish ears). It reminds me of American Beauty so I guess if you liked that you might like this.

ps - blogger gives you the search terms that bring people to your page and there has been at least one extremely dodgy fucker who has landed on this page using a really fucked up search term. I suggest that person should consider turing themselves into the police. Scumbag. I know you used the bing search engine at approximately 10AM UK time. I also know your geographical area.

No comments: