Sunday, December 02, 2007

30 days of night - film review

I went to see this film last sunday after a particularly traumatic afternoon at work. I'd been wanting to see it for some time as I had enjoyed the comic book several years ago. The comic book was based on a rejected film script and sold loads of copies. This raised some interest in Hollywood and now we have an above average vampire film.

The story is set in Barrow, a small town in the arctic circle. Barrow is so far north that the normal pattern of night and day does not exist. Barrow is about to enter darkness for a month and some visiting Russian vampires intend to take full advantage of this. I've always liked Russian vampires.

The film is a bit more intelligent than Blade or your average bite-nite horror. It looks great, avoids cliche's and it has a couple of nice twists. I loved it and I will buy the DVD.

No comments: