Sunday, December 09, 2007

Die Hard 4 - DVD review

Die hard 4 (or 4.0 as it seems to be called for some weird reason) is a violent, stupid superhero film. I admit that I enjoyed it but I was pissing myself with laughter for much of the film. Bruce Willis returns after more than a decade as super-cop John McClure who always seems to be in the wrong place at the wrong time.

In this film he somehow ends up in conflict with some evil superhackers who manage to destroy America with a ZX Spectrum. He kills them all easily while performs superhuman feats. He can jump onto a fighter jet and survive falls from great heights. He is immune to explosions and falling masonry. My favourite scene involves him firing a bullet through his own body to kill a baddie. I'm not a surgeon but I do have some knowledge of anatomy and I know that he should at least have a pneumothorax and probably massive internal bleeding from his right subclavian vein but McClure is still able to walk about and make smartass comments with no obvious disability.

Kevin Smith (of Clerks and Chasind Amy fame) makes an appearance as a fat computer nerd who likes Star Wars. He does this well weirdly enough.

An enjoyable movie but I hope to fuck that viewers do not think they have the endurance of John McClure because he is tougher than Wolverine.

No comments: