Monday, April 25, 2011

Bad Lieutenant - DVD review

I think I watched the original Bad Lieutenant years ago. I'm not sure if I watched all of it. I wasn't too bothered about seeing the 2009 version but I borrowed the DVD from my dad. It was actually OK.

Nicholas Cage stars in the new film (subtitled 'Port of Call'). He plays a police officer who is morally conflicted. He injures himself by doing something heroic. For the rest of the film his life is a car crash as he makes bad decision after bad decision. I spent most of the film just waiting for him to die horribly.

Cage is good in this film. Almost as good as he was in Kick-Ass. The film was directed by Werner Herzog and is not really a remake or a sequel to the original film. It's funny at times, violent and visually impressive in places. Not a perfect film and not for everyone but I enjoyed it.

No comments: