Saturday, April 23, 2011

Chew - Omnivore edition - Book Review

Chew is a great comic book. It's created by Rob Guillory and John Layman and published by Image. I was given the fancy Omnivore edition for my birthday last year but I've only just got round to reading it now.

Chew tells the story of Tony Chu, an agent of the FDA who gets psychic information for anything he eats. Unfortunately he often works on murder cases and he has to 'taste' the victims to get psychic clues. This all sounds a bit minging but the book is drawn in a beautiful cartoony style that adds humor to the out-there concept that the book is driven by.

When I finished this book I was hungry for more. I can't wait till the next hardcover edition is published. It's a really nice looking book and I want more of it on my shelf.

No comments: