Friday, April 29, 2011

The Bucket List - DVD review

The Bucket List is a feelgood movie about two men with terminal cancer. Jack Nicholson and Morgan Freeman play the dying men. Nicholson is a billionaire and Freeman is an average bloke. They are told they have a year to live and the decide to create a 'bucket list' of things to do before they die. They procede to have good time and come to terms with their lives and deaths.

It's a bit sentimental but I did like it. Sadly, I see a lot of people dying and most of them do not get a chance to do nice stuff before they die. I sometimes suggest that patients with motor neurone disease should make the most of their remaining time but in the real world this is often not possible.

I guess it's probably best to think about what you want to do before you die when you are young. To quote the Butthole Surfers 'it's better to regret something you have done than something you haven't done......'

My life is fairly good and I have few regrets. Hope it stays this way.

No comments: