Sunday, April 17, 2011

Frightened Rabbit - live at Mono, Glasgow

I only own one Frightened Rabbit album although I really like the song 'keep yourself warm'. I'd never seen them play live so I thought I would check them out at their free Mono show as part of Record Store Day yesterday.

They played for about 45 minutes delivering a set that included a few of their popular tracks (based on crowd response). They had a fairly decent sound and the tiny Mono cafe was packed with fans. The singer from the Twilight Sad got up to sing a song. I have a newfound liking for the Twilight Sad after seeing them support Mogwai in Edinburgh a few weeks ago. They finished their set with 'keep yourself warm'.

I was knackered after a night in the pub so I went home after the Frightened Rabbit set. It would have been nice to see the Membranes but sadly I was lacking in stamina. I plan to listen to my Frightened Rabbit CD a bit more in the future.

No comments: