Monday, April 11, 2011

Jamie Oliver's Italian Kitchen - Glasgow

I can't remember if I wrote about this place the last time I went. I was there in the middle of the very cold snap Glasgow experienced before Christmas for a work night out. I enjoyed the food although it was a Christmas menu.

I went back today as a combined birthday/mothers' day treat for my mum. It was very busy for a Monday lunchtime in Glasgow. We had the meat anitpasti to start with. This includes a selection of cold meats with olives, peppers and some cheese. I had tried this before during my previous visit and I was keen to try it again.

We had a special for the main meal. Aberdeen angus beef with onions and mushrooms on toasted bread. Great flavours and very filling.

After all of that we had no room left for a pudding so we settled for a coffee before heading off. Jamie Oliver's is very clearly a commercial venture but it's decent food and a nice environment. Worth a try.

No comments: