Tuesday, June 28, 2011

TV on the Radio - live at Glasgow ABC

I think this was the third time that I've seen TVOTR.  They continue to be an innovative and energetic band.  I've only listened to their most recent album 'Nine types of light' a few times but it's pretty good.  It's a progressive album showcasing the more mellow side of the band.

Tonight, in Glasgow, they were anything but mellow.  They sounded amped up and angry.  The vocals were overdriven and the beat was fast.  I guess they are missing Gerard Smith, their bass player, who sadly died from lung cancer a few months ago.  Tonight TVOTR were very alive, paying an appropriate tribute to his memory.

All of my favourite songs were aired as well as some choice cuts from the new album.  Sadly  the venue was not full.  I always feel that TV on the Radio are underappreciated.  I wish more people would love their music and buy their records.  I think the world would be a nicer place if they were massively successful.

A good show.

No comments: