Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Where the bodies are buried by Chris Brookmyre

I try and pick up everything Chris Brookmyre writes.  I first started to read his stuff 11 years ago when I was at medical school.  I like his books because they are often set in Glasgow and they often feature characters and locations that I recognise.

This is his 14th book now.  It's a stronger one and it marks a bit of a change in direction.  He has toned down the humour and increased the drama.  I stayed up reading till about 3 in the morning last night.  I felt a bit rough this morning but the story was fairly compulsive.

I don't want to give much of the story away but it is a murder mystery set in the Glasgow underworld with parts of the action taking place in East Kilbride and Hamilton.  Hope they make a film version.

No comments: