Thursday, November 03, 2005

At the risk of sounding repetitive..........

I really hate nights. I'm sitting about doing nothing at the moment. I've just been playing about on the internet for the past hour or two. I've taken the opportunity to add some more links to the side of this page.

I have one more night to do tomorrow (thursday) and then I'm on leave for nine days. It will be really cool. I can sleep in, do what I want and just enjoy life for a bit.

Before starting my nights I went to The Stand comedy club in Glasgow last Thursday. It's rather cool. They had three or four acts with Bruce Morton as the compere. Bruce Morton used to have a TV series on channel four maybe ten years ago and it was pretty cool.

Anyway he was funny. The headliner guy that night was a bloke called simon munnery (sorry if the spelling is wrong). He too was on TV and radio one as the league against tedium. He also used to write a column in the NME called 'Alan Parker, Urban Warrior' which kicked ass. He's clearly a smart guy and he was saying some interesting stuff. He too was funny.

The rest of the show was cool too. Two young blokes from sunderland did a sort of comedy songs/tenacious D type thing which was funny. There was a younger guy from Glasgow who had a beard and told jokes and stuff like that. As you would expect at a comedy club.

All in all it was a good night and it only cost six quid. I'll go back.

I still haven't been called which is good. I've just bought tickets to see teenage fanclub in a few weeks and I'm going to see Franz Ferdinand soon. Belle & Sebastian and Bob Mould are playing in Glasgow so I'll be going to lots of concerts if I don't have to work.

Life is sweet. Glasgow is a good place, much better than the midlands.

Funkster

No comments: