Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Dreaming my life away a.k.a post-nights narcolepsy

Man-o-man, I'm knackered. I'm still recovering from the jet-lag hangover of my week of nights. I only managed to drag myself out of bed at around 3pm today. I didn't manage to cross the doorstep even though I was planning to buy food. Bed was too nice and warm and the weather outside was just too shite.

I think when you are tired you just have to give in to it or you can burn out. I should be studying this week but I'll start later on. I've borrowed the new Terry Pratchett book from my dad so I think I'll read that later.

I rented a couple of DVDs yesterday. American Pie: Band Camp which is as bad as you could possibly imagine. It's getting into Police Academy territory. Scary. Also rented 'The Descent', a British horror film about some women who have problems on a caving trip. It has some scary, jumpy moments but I kept falling asleep which spoilt the effect for me. Post-nightshift narcolepsy.

I've been rewatching the first series of Lost on DVD. I cheated and bought it from america a couple of months ago. I still think it's great. It's like clockwork, the way it all links together. You get a lot from repeated viewing. Stuff has meaning that wasn't there before. The makers say that they were really influenced by Alan Moore's Watchmen and I can see it.

I was playing with google earth last night. It's good fun although the navigation system could be better. I managed to find the street where I grew up and the building I live in now. Impressive.

Anyhowze, that's enuff for now

More soon

Phunky

No comments: