Friday, November 11, 2005

Drunk after winning pop quiz.

Just been to a monthly pop quiz at one of the trendier vegetarian punk rock pubs in Glasgow and WON. The quiz is called pop life and takes place in the basement of the 13th Note. It's kinda offensive and Brendan O'Hare (ex of teenage fanclub and mogwai) has something to do with it. He mainly makes obscene noises. It's cool.

Anyway the quiz is pretty easy if you are a music geek like me and my mates. There is also a Bo Selecta round where you have a 'rap-off' against the other teams just like eminem in his 8mile film. I always get forced to do the rap off. Bastards.

Anyway, to cut a long story short - we won. A crate of stella. woo-hoo. I gave it all to my mates cos I don't like alcohol but woo-hoo all the same. The quiz is on the second thursday of every month so check it out if you are not easily offended.

I was looking at the BBC website and it was depressing as always. Apparently race-hate crimes are up 29% this year ( http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4425712.stm ). I guess that's 29% more idiots that need a brain transplant. What is even sadder is that these figures are apparently from before the london bombs. Why is the world so stupid? People are people and sometimes the ones that are different to you are more interesting. Or sexier.

Anyhowze.

I've been playing about with another blog, Required Records, which is gonna be a list of records that I get geeky about. How that blog is different from this blog I dunno but all the same. It's fun and it's cool if I get the time.

Right now I'm listening to the Ugly Cassanova album 'Sharpen your teeth'. It's the side project of Isaac Brock from modest mouse and it's rather good. 'Things I don't remember' is just class. If you go to
http://www.subpop.com/scripts/main/multimedia.php?key=bandname&value=Ugly+Casanova

you can download the mp3 or the video. Good.

Just read the new Asterix book 'Asterix and the falling sky' and I liked it. I know I am 28 and this is sad. It involves aliens invading gaul looking for a secret weapon that will help them win an intergalactic war. Many reviews have said that this book is shit and Asterix has now 'jumped the shark' but I liked it. The aliens were cool, mildly reminiscent of other famous comic characters and it was better than the last one. Plus, I learned how to read with Asterix books so I'll not let anyone dis them.

Anyway, cease this drunken chatter.

Funky

No comments: