Sunday, November 13, 2005

Back to work

Ah well,

The holidays are nearly over and once again my life will no longer be my own. Thankfully I only have about 3 weeks before I change jobs at the start of December and switch to a less punishing rota. I only have 11 actual working days cos I have a six day training course as well. I might even learn something.

I don't really want to go back to work but I know I have to. Sadly life needs money in this country so I have to work. If I could figure out a way to live without working I would do it. I am a lazy bastard.

I haven't really done anything much this weekend. Read the new Boondocks book 'Public Enemy no.2' which is as sharp as ever. Also read one of the Matt Groening Life is hell books which is pretty good (but not as good as Futurama). I caught one of the new episodes of South Park on MTV. Cartman pretending to be a robot to retrieve an incriminating video from Butters. Sick but funny.

Also read a comic book I'd seen recommended somewhere. It was called Supreme power and it's written by the guy who created Babylon 5. I can't spell his name. The book was pretty good but I think it does have more of a geek appeal than anything else. It applies Occam's razor to the superhero concept with a healthy dose of conspiracy theory paranoia about government agencies thrown in. It's been done before but it was a decent read.

After a quick check, the recommendation came from http://www.page45.com/P45main.html which generally seems to be a pretty good site about comic books.

That's all the now

Phunky

3 comments:

mushsis said...

off subject I know (sorry)- but I wanted to ask whether you've seen 'corpse bride' yet?
it's a definite return to form for tim burton, whose work I usually love (but I was disappointed with his remake of 'charlie and the chocolate factory')
I'd certainly recommend corpse bride though.
I still haven't seen 'brothers grimm' yet I'm afraid...

mushsis said...

ok and then I thought I should make a comment pertinent to your actual post, and I tried to come up with some reassuring phrases, but all I could think of is how horribly depressing it is to go back to work after a holiday *sigh*

oh well, chin up, not long now till the festive season...

drphunk said...

Hi,

I haven't see corpse bride yet but I might check it out. I loved sleepy hollow and I thought big fish was cool. Mars attacks films me with childish glee. Generally Tim Burton is pretty cool in my book so I should check it out but I'm thinking about SawII at the weekend. Not seen 'charlie...' yet. Looked too much like a cruel parody of michael jackson but that was just the trailer.

Being back at work wasn't bad as U feared. I only have 10 working days left before I rotate and i chage from a 1 in 7 (really 1 in 3.5) to a 1 in 20 (really 1 in 5) so that will make my life much better. Plus no more nights til february!!!!