Saturday, March 04, 2006

EBAY - the dangers of the internet

I'm a geek. I'm happy to admit it. I write a blog goddamnit. That implies a level of supergeekiness that most people can only aspire to. I am extremely uncool. I am allergic to fresh air and I don't have enough friends.

And I'm addicted to ebay.

I had an initial burst of addiction about a year and a half ago. I took the plunge, got a paypal account and started buying nerd stuff from accross the universe. The nerd-artifact that made me pop my internet cherry was a CD of the first Flipper album which is a classic bit of noise. After that I was hooked - miracleman trade paperbacks, husker du albums, grant morrison comics. All the useless shite my adolescent heart desired.

Then I had to go cold turkey. My paypal account froze. I guess they thought I was an international drug dealer or a terorist. So I had to forget ebay for a while.

Now, in the past month or so, paypal is working for me again. Mega-geek party. I'm buying up old black flag and max romeo albums on CDs. Limited addition hardback Authority comics. Bob Dylan CDs. Graveyard rodeo stuff.

I hope paypal freeze my account again

funky

No comments: