Sunday, March 12, 2006

Snow

Just got back from Edinburgh. I had been in town for a joint birthday party for two friends. I was also meeting up with some other friends from uni. It was a cool night, chatting to people I hadn't seen in months.

Went to the Bongo Club in the old town. The music was ok, a mix of funk and reggae, although I wasn't too impressed with the DJ. He made a couple of sudden stylistic jumps that were quite jarring. Still I had a bit of a dance and enjoyed myself.

When we left the club it was snowing. We walked along the Royal Mile to Alva Street. It was kinda cold and I looked like a snowman by the end of the walk. I was glad that I had a warm coat and a hat on (I don't have much hair). Loads of girls were walking around wearing tiny mini-skirts. I don't know if they had missed the weather forecasts or they were just insane.

When I woke up on my friends couch this afternoon Edinburgh was white. I was a bit scared that I wouldn't get home but thankfully the trains were still running. Glasgow city centre was like an ice-rink. I nearly went on my arse several times. I liked the snow when I was a kid but I'm not so keen now.

Why can't Scotland be warmer?

No comments: