Wednesday, March 22, 2006

more ways to waste my time.

I've started to play about with myspace. It seems to be pretty good for stuff like music. You can access tracks from bands like Giant Drag, the Go! team and Gorillaz. These bands sometimes have exclusive material on the site.

Basically, you go about making internet 'friends'. I can now count Alan McGee (of creation) and Warren Ellis (cool as fuck comic writer) among my myspace 'friends'. I'm also using it to keep in touch with some of my real life friends who I have actually met, face-to-face. I've also managed to find a profile for a pal from uni who I'll hopefully get back in touch with. It also seems like a good way to meet people and get to know folk with similar interests. I guess that's a good thing when you spend most of your time at work.

I like blogger better cos it's a bit more creative. I have more time to express myself and mess about with stuff. It seems more permenant. myspace is more like a nice distraction. A way to waste time.

The address is http://www.myspace.com/dr_phunk

phunky

2 comments:

mushsis said...

hadn't heard of myspace. this looks interesting -esp the music part - I'll have to go back and play around a bit more when I have time.

meantime I'd be interested to know what you think of it, the more you use it.

drphunk said...

myspace is interesting. I think it's more 'youth' orientated than blogger but the music features are good. blogger can be more personal (photo-blogs, own links, etc)

I'll post again after I've used it more