Monday, May 01, 2006

'holiday' weekend

Another holiday weekend. I had to work today but luckily I was able to get away at lunch time. It was pretty miserable going to work on a bank holiday monday and it wasn't helped by some of my co-workers doing their best to cause problems anyway they could. Some people could start a fight in an empty room.

The rest of the weekend was better. Went to a pals house on Friday night and watched two brand new episodes of south park. One 'a million little fibres' focused on genetically modified towel 'towlie'. This was an extremely surreal episode in which two of the main characters were parts of oprah winfreys body. One body part spoke with an Australian accent whilst the other was Welsh. I could not believe what I was watching. Not the best South Park episode ever but it was surreal. The other episode was 'manbearpig' which was very average.

The weather was great on Saturday. I spent a couple of hours sitting out in the sun drinking iron brew in the beer garden of a local pub. That evening I went to a Spanish restaurant with a bunch of my friends before going to a wedding. I ate myself almost to death in the restaurant so I was a bit tired when we got to the wedding. The real wedding actually took place in Hawaii a few weeks earlier and this was a sort of reception thing. It was a bit different - you could watch the video from the honeymoon while they were walking about in their wedding clothes. Despite the fact that beer was 3 pounds a pint I spent most of Sunday wrestling with a hangover.

Went to Oran Mor on Byres Road for a couple of drinks with my cousin this evening. It was quite nice in there and it made up for having to work this morning. There were some 'interesting' people drinking including one bloke wearing what I can only describe as spice girl shoes. Each to their own.

Phunky

also go to
http://www.myspace.com/greengoblinband

for some mad banjo music by a bloke I know

No comments: